Warehouse Manager Job Profile and Description
A Warehouse Manager directs, coordinates and plans the storage and distribution of the products and materials of a company. A warehouse manager is accountable for all the activities of the warehouse staff receiving, storing and testing the products and ensuring the quality of the goods. Warehouse managers are also known as warehouse supervisors and are most widely recruited in retail and aviation units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the layout and set up of the warehouse for the appropriate storage of goods and supplies.
- Implementing cost cutting rules in all aspects of storehouse transactions and related activities.
- Maintaining and overseeing the shift allocations and workings of all warehouse staff.
- Managing and checking all inventory records and making evaluation reports.
- Setting and allocating targets to warehouse staff and organizing staff training activities.
- Auditing daily labor and all billing statements.
- Coordinating and negotiating with transporters for dispatch of goods.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent managerial and organizational skills and abilities.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills with effective team building capabilities.
- Knowledge of the safety and legal procedures for handling and receiving goods.
- Ability to effectively manage time and resolve crises.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or an associate degree in management, administration, retail, merchandising, supply chain or any related field of study.
- Post Graduate degree or a diploma in material management, retailing, inventory or bookkeeping, commodity procurement or any related scholastic discipline.
- Experience of about 4 to 5 years in the field of warehousing or supply chain.
Category: Warehousing Job Descriptions