Warehouse Worker Job Profile and Description
The importance of the timely delivery of goods and merchandise to the correct destinations in an apt manner, has led to the role of Warehouse Workers becoming invaluable. This particular job profile requires a worker to have strength and stamina to cope with physical functions. The role of a warehouse worker is crucial for the shipment and appropriate handling of goods and material.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Loading and unloading of goods and supplies and ensuring proper handling of the same.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and proper stocking of inventory in the work area.
- Maintaining quality in the warehouse and keeping track of all damaged inventory and reporting the same to the supervising authorities
- Proper packing, labeling and tagging of the inventory in the warehouse.
- Maintaining and servicing of warehouse equipment like forklift, trucks, and railcars
- Conducting cycle counts of inventory and managing daily log registers.
- Efficiently carrying out all orders of the supervisors.
- Working in accord with all safety regulations of the warehouse.
- Coordinating work with fellow workers and other team members.
Skills and Specifications
- Basic knowledge of using and operating warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company.
- Should have the ability to work in a team.
- Should be physically fit and be able to complete all assigned work efficiently.
- Should possess time management skills and be able to meet targets.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent certificate from a certified institution.
- Experience in bookkeeping and store management with the knowledge of using warehouse equipment.
Category: Warehousing Job Descriptions