Web Content Editor Job Profile and Description
A web content editor, quite understandably, performs the job of preparing content for particular website(s) as well as doing necessary editing wherever required. This type of a job requires immense expertise as the individual needs to keep in mind all the basic aspects of web content and perform editing accordingly. A web content editor is to go through the content of several web content writers and modify them so as to meet the general specified standards.
Web content editor jobs are available not only at individual websites but also in the IT departments of various firms as well as in advertising agencies and advertising or publicity section of any organization.
Web Content Editor Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities required to be handled by a web content editor have been given below:
- The web content editor needs to have clear understanding of the particular website’s objectives and develop matter accordingly. The content should be so prepared that it portrays the website completely.
- For any particular topic or issue, the web content editor must properly understand the stand taken by the website on the matter and present the content accordingly. No content should be developed that goes against the prospects or beliefs of the website and contradicts its very existence.
- It is an important and perhaps the primary responsibility of a web content editor to go through content thoroughly and judge the effectiveness of it, and make necessary modifications as and when required.
- The web content editor must make sure that all the content contained or presented on the website adheres to the general norms of the State and the company policies are ethically protected.
Web Content Editor Skills and Specifications
The particular skills and specifications required of a web content editor include:
- The ability to read a particular content and identify its strength as well as weaknesses and alter accordingly.
- Skilled performance in understanding the regulations and developing the web content accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills as well as writing qualities – ability to think unique and develop content accordingly.
- The web content editor must have interpersonal skills that would help him interact with other members and officials related to the website, during the course of work.
- Observation as well as analytical skills
Web Content Editor Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements of a web content editor include:
- An graduate degree in any field, preferably English or technical writing
- Training and practical experiencing in developing and preparing web content
- Certificates assuring practical skills of web content writing practiced under registered State bodies and/or authentic websites
Web Content Editor Salary
A web content editor is general eligible to earn an average annual salary of $50,000 – $70,000, with experienced and skilled editors getting larger assignments and earning bigger amounts.
Category: Internet Job Descriptions