Wedding Planner Job Profile and Description
A wedding planner, plans, organizes and coordinates all events so that the outcome is a dream wedding for the wedding couple. The organizersupervises all tasks to ensure that the ceremony turns out to be nothing but a success.
Duties and Responsibilities
For the dream wedding to become a reality, a wedding planner job duties and responsibilities have to be carried out and include:
- Talking to the couple about their wishes for the ceremony.
- Preparing a budget with all that is required.
- Writing out a check list so that nothing is left unattended.
- Identifying a venue for the ceremony and the reception.
- Hiring florists, caterers, and other service personnel.
- Coordinating the rentals e.g. renting of tents, a motorcade, chauffeurs etc.
- Menu planning.
- Helping draw up and distribute the registry.
- Looking up a destination for the honey moon and making reservations.
- Managing any problems that occur.
Skills and Specifications
A wedding planner job skills and specifications include:
- Possession of superior business skills.
- Ability to read people.
- Team player and independent.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Possession of excellent strategic planning skills
- A high degree of foresight; ability to anticipate events before they happen
Education and Qualifications
For a wedding planner job education and qualifications, no specifics are necessary. But a bachelor’s degree in business or hospitality management may be required when working for large organizations. Also there are certificate programs for wedding planning. Experience is crucial.
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions