Wireless and Satellite Dish Installer Jobs Profile and Description
Wireless and Satellite Service Installers fall under the category of telecommunications equipment installers. They erect and attach antennas or satellite dishes to the sides, rooftops or lawns of customers’ properties. These devices are then activated and correctly positioned to provide clear lines of sight to satellite locations or base stations. Their broadband internet or cable connectivities are tested and cleared for operation.
Wireless and Satellite Dish Installer Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct survey at the prospective installation site to check line of site between base, repeater stations and the customer’s preferred spot in his/her property.
- Ensure that all tools and satellite dish components are available prior to visiting the home of clients.
- Advise and instruct customers in operating association equipment in satellite or wireless broadband installation.
- Troubleshoot connection when specified signal strengths cannot be achieved.
- Replace defective antennas, routers, cable set-top boxes and wiring if identified as cause of problem.
- Update client on the progress of troubleshooting
- Observe regular work schedules to achieve optimum work productivity
- Attend training courses on new developments in satellite and broadband wireless technologies.
Wireless and Satellite Dish Installer Skills and Specifications
- Must have adequate knowledge in wireless technology and the operation of set-top cable boxes or home routers and PC application internet connection.
- Must have above average comprehension skills to follow medium complexity instructions in cellphone repair.
- Must have strong telecommunications proficiency, both hardware and software, and associated peripheral devices.
Wireless and Satellite Dish Installer Education and Qualifications
- A vocational course of associate degree in electronics, radio and computers or their equivalent in experience is basic.
- 2-3 years of apprenticeship with cellphone technicians is an advantage.
Wireless and Satellite Dish Installer Salary
The median wage for a Wireless and Satellite Dish Installer in 2009 stood at $26.71 hourly or $55,560 annually.
Category: Telecom Job Descriptions