Sample Job Descriptions
A Job Description is one of the most important pieces of documents for someone who is venturing into a new field of work. As the title very well implies, a job description basically describes in detail what the job expects from you. It states the main duties and responsibilities to be fulfilled in the course of your tenure in that particular profile.
The main points that any job description document mainly stresses upon can be broadly stated as the following:
- The general functions and tasks to be performed.
- The details of the qualifications and skills required for you to be entitled to apply for the job.
- The salary range and method of payment.
- A job description may give an idea about why exactly a person would be attracted to the job.
- The job description may also pose as a warning for those kinds of people who are not suited for that job.
- Any job description is not only limited to the current duties but also the challenges and goals expected to be fulfilled in the future.
As mentioned earlier, description of a job is an important written document.
The importance and purpose of a job description is given in the following lines:
- Enabling moves of the career in the company or organization.
- Avoiding disputes between employees related to their area of duty.
- Determination of amount of payment.
- Increase of results by specifying the responsibilities.
- Helps by well defining the perimeter of work which in turn contributes to the development of the company.
Take your time today and look through the countless job descriptions found in this site to help you nail that all important job. This website will sure become your great accomplice when it comes to meeting your job search and recruitment needs. Best of luck in your job search!
Some helpful links to browse this site:
- What is a Job Description?
- Job Description Template
- Job Description Format
- Career Descriptions
- Job Titles
- Job Description Responsibilities
- Job Specification