Bankcard Services Officer Job Profile and Description
A bankcard services officer is one who is entrusted with the duty of ensuring smooth functioning of ATM and merchant services of the bank. The candidate is expected to maintain good customer relationship which helps the bank in improving business. The officer has to attain the overall goals of the bank along with individual departmental goals as specified each year.
The candidate also has to ensure that there is improvement in sales of banking and merchant services products by effective communication with customers. Lastly the bankcard services officer has to comply with all the policies and procedures that entail the lending regulations as stipulated by law.
Bankcard Services Officer Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a bankcard services officer will involve:
- The officer has the primary responsibility of managing the books of accounts of merchant services customers of the bank.
- The officer also has to undertake research and provide resolution to the queries of the merchant customers.
- Should build good relations with merchant customers on phone, email and personally as well.
- The officer is also expected to coordinate merchant activities between sales team, vendors and the bank in a proactive manner.
Bankcard Services Officer Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a bankcard services officer include:
- The candidate should have strong written and verbal communication skills to perform well on the job.
- The candidate should have the ability to handle stress well as the job requires working in a fast paced environment.
- The candidate should have good organizational skills which includes interpersonal skills as well.
- Even good computer skills wherein usage of Microsoft word and excel are essential.
- The candidate should also have good research skills that are essential to resolve customer queries effectively.
- Good working knowledge of bankcard industry and standard procedures is an added advantage for the candidate in this job role.
- Should possess good team spirit to work with people in various departments amicably.
Bankcard Services Officer Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a bankcard services officer are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration is mandatory for the job of a bankcard services officer.
- Post graduate degree in the finance related field will surely prove to be an added advantage.
- Experience of at least one-two years is considered essential for this position by many bankcard services companies.
Bankcard Services Officer Salary
The median salary of a bankcard services officer is about $60,000 per annum and can go up to $70,000 with higher experience.
Category: Banking Job Descriptions