Banking Project Manager Job Profile and Description
Banking project managers are the official members of the bank who are responsible for overseeing the specific projects undertaken by the respective bank. These managers have to perform a number of tasks and duties which may cater to any aspect of the project that is being handled by the manager. All in all, they have to perform all the administrative, operational and functional tasks. The job profile description will thus vary depending upon the organisation.
Banking Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities to be met by the project manager in the banking sector are:
- The manager has to access the whole of the project and chart out a proper course of implementation.
- The manager is responsible for estimating the budget and time requirements of the respective project.
- It is the banking project manager who has to establish the goals and targets to be achieved with proper timelines.
- While establishing the guidelines, the project manager also has to scout out any risk possibilities and manage/ counter them.
- It is the duty of the project manager to prepare proper, timely reports and present them in front of the higher management or high stake investors.
- He/ she have to ensure that all the plans in respect to the project are being implemented smoothly.
Banking Project Manager Skills and Specifications
The skills that the individual working as a project manager in the banking sector are:
- Strong management and organisational skills
- Planning skills with the ability to implement them
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication
- Ability to accommodate and perform well in teams
- Presentation skills and compelling communicator
Banking Project Manager Education and Qualification
The project manager in the banking sector must have the following education and experience:
- An individual to be employed at the position of the banking project manager must have a bachelor’s level degree in fields of project management, management studies, business management, banking or related subs.
- There is no hard and fast rule about possessing a master’s degree, though having one will only be a positive.
- Most of the banks will require the individual to have some working experience in project management and banking before employing them to this position.
Banking Project Manager Salary
The average salary earned by a project manager, in banking is $ 67,848 per annum with variations on either side of this figure.
Category: Banking Job Descriptions