Blackjack dealer Job Profile and Description
A blackjack dealer job outlook involves operating table games. The dealer will stand or sit behind table and operate games of chance by dispensing the appropriate number of cards or blocks to players, or operating other gaming equipment. Other blackjack dealer job duties involve comparing the house’s hand against players’ hands and payoff or collecting players’ money or chips.
Duties and Responsibilities
Blackjack dealer job responsibilities carried out of a daily basis include:
- Counting out chips
- Handling of dealing money
- Shuffling and dealing cards as required for the blackjack play or any other assigned game.
- Applying knowledge of dealing procedures including house rules so as to preserve the security and integrity of games.
- Exchanging paper currency for gaming chips.
- Paying winning bets and collecting losing bets.
- Maintains chip tray at table in orderly fashion.
- Notifying supervisor of any irregularities noticed.
- Answering questions or inquiries from patrons.
- Performing other duties as assigned by an immediate supervisor or manager.
Skills and Specifications
Below are blackjack dealer job specifications:
- Be able to count quickly
- Good math skills are a must
- Excellent language and good people skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions
- Ability to withstand physical demands, stand and use fingers, handle or feel with hands and arms, talk and hear for a long time
Education and Qualifications
A high school diploma or higher is essential for one to be hired into this field of work
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions