Cocktail Server Job Profile and Description
A cocktail server job outlook involves submitting and presenting guest beverage selections. Cocktail server job duties require style and service attributes that are key to creating the guest experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
The cocktail server job responsibilities include the following
- Provide excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Accurately record and enter all food (where applicable) and beverage items.
- Knowledge of all beverage menus, brand selections, prices and garnishes.
- Knowledge of general guest information.
- Maximize sales by using menu knowledge and suggestive selling techniques.
- Conduct self in a professional manner with the awareness that all actions and communications are within guest view.
- Maintain cleanliness of lounge and service areas and ensure work area is orderly and properly stocked.
- Complete assigned duties within each shift.
- Responsible for collecting accurate payment from the guest and depositing the exact amount of sales.
- Ensure a reasonable effort is made in preventing a guest from being intoxicated.
- Maintain appearance and uniform standards.
- Develop and maintain positive communication and teamwork with all co-workers and supervisors.
- Handle all guest service issues in an immediate and professional manner.
Skills and Specifications
A cocktail server job skills required to work efficiently in this field include:
- Lifting, balancing, and carrying cocktail trays.
- Ability to organize and prioritize under pressure while maintaining a calm and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
Education and Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in food and beverage industry
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions