Database Architect Job Profile and Description
A database architect is responsible for setting rules, specifications and process for the installation and storage of the data in a database. It is the duty of the database architect to plan the criteria on the basis of the data base. The architect’s plan is followed by the developers in giving a shape to the database.
The architect not only decides the contents of the database along with the method of its installation, he/she also plans the methods that will be brought in application for accessing the data by the components. The database architect also manages the flaws and errors that come in the way of development and installation of database.
Database Architect Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a database architect will involve:
- A database architect needs to understand and conclude the requirements of the database by digging deep inside the client operations, applications and programming.
- It is his duty to generate database solutions, define physical structure by following the proposed systems.
- A database architect is responsible for the installation of the database system by generating flowcharts, applying various kinds of access techniques and by maintaining a coordination of the installation actions.
- He/ she is also responsible for the maintenance of the database performance by identifying all the errors and resolving them.
Database Architect Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a database architect include:
- A database architect should be efficient in data base designing, data base management, database security, etc.
- He/she should be efficient of working in a team and should also possess understanding for various aspects.
- Technical zeal, project management efficiency is also required for the job profile.
- A database architect should also be capable of presenting technical information in an effective manner.
Database Architect Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a database architect are as follows:
- A graduate degree in computer science, information technology or related field is important for becoming a database architect.
- One should also be through with the topics such as computer hardware, software, networking and operating systems, database designs and data structures.
- One can also pursue post graduate degrees in the above mentioned field along with certified courses from renowned institutions to attain higher levels in job.
Database Architect Salary
A database architect can expect to get an annual salary of $1, 00,000. However, it can vary from region to region depending upon the type of organisation, experience of the candidate and other factors.
Category: IT Job Descriptions