Employee Relations Officer Job Profile and Description
The Employee Relations function deals with creating and promoting a healthy inter-office and inter-departmental relationship between employees as well as between labor and management. The function is tasked with implementing programs to this end, often involving cross-functional posting that can enrich the employee’s learning horizon about what other people in the company does. It also fosters interbranch or inter-divisional games and sporting tournaments, Christmas parties, etc. The Employee Relations Officer is at the heart of the function often assigned to oversee multi-departmental functions in a geographic branch or affiliate.
Employee Relations Officer Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate for approval the guidelines in functional cross-posting programs between divisions, departments and branches.
- Administer the approved procedures for job cross posting.
- Process employee requests for cross posting as endorsed by their immediate supervisors.
- Design, plan and implement sports programs for interdepartmental tournaments.
- Provide logistical and material support for bonding activities in a department or branch.
- Recommend ER programs and programs for approval.
- Implement and administer ER programs for fostering inter-employee and labor-management relationships.
Employee Relations Officer Skills and Specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has computer proficiency in the use of word processing and spreadsheets
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with management staff in evaluating job descriptions and performance appraisals.
Employee Relations Officer Education and Qualifications
- A 4-year college degree in the social sciences and behavioral sciences as well as in Commerce, Business Management, Industrial Psychology or equivalent is basic
- A one year experience in HR functions, preferably in job evaluation is an advantage
Employee Relations Officer Occupational Analyst Salary
The annual salary for non-managerial HR professionals averages $45,000 to $50,000 and would differ based on experience, training, company size, industry and state location. IT and high technology companies enjoy a relatively higher average salary than most.
Category: HR Job Descriptions