Financial Risk Analyst Job Profile and Description
Financial risk analysts are the professionals employed by an organisation to place someone who can access the possible risk areas in the operations and structure. That is, they find out the areas which pose a threat to the financial well being of the respective organisation. Given the nature of the job these individuals must have certain specific educations and must possess certain specific skills which make it possible for them to access risks. A detailed description is provided below.
Financial Risk Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
These are the responsibilities and duties laid upon the financial risk analyst of the organisation:
- It is the responsibility of the risk analyst to consider all the projects/ proposals that the organisation wishes to initiate.
- While considering the proposals, assess the impact on the organisations public image, financial assets and list all the possible risks.
- The individual must also analyse and access the severity of the various risks involved.
- He/ she must then make solid recommendations to the management regarding these and any other financial operations.
- It is also the duty of the risk analyst to review the risk standards of the organisation and keep updated them in reference to the position of the business.
- Put in place proper risk control and counter mechanisms in the organisation.
Financial Risk Analyst Skills and Specifications
Here are the skills that a firm would seek in a candidate for the position of the financial risk analyst:
- Extremely good analytical skills
- Very good with financial figures, numbers
- Competent with IT packages
- Clarity of technical aspects and terms
- Professional and good work ethic
- Problem solving ability
- Strong decision making ability
Financial Risk Analyst Education and Qualification
Following are the education and qualification specifications that a firm seeks in financial risk analyst candidates:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, operations research or only closely related fields, is a must have for those seeking employment as financial risk analysts.
- A master’s degree is also found to be a prerequisite in many firms, nowadays.
- The organisations will definitely require and individual they employ as the risk analyst to have prior experience which may be 1 year or more.
Financial Risk Analyst Salary
The median salary that is earned by a financial risk analyst is found to be about $79,149 per annum with variations from $63,000 to $98,000 depending upon the scope, type and size of the organisation.
Category: Finance Job Descriptions