HR Assistant Job Description
HR Assistant’s job entails providing a comprehensive administrative support to day-to-day operations of human resources ensuring the efficient delivery of salary payments, salary adjustments, recruitment processes, and the accuracy of employee data records. HR Assistant liaises closely with human resources department, finance and accounts department and other departments throughout the organization providing a customer focused and effective HR support service to the organization to achieve the organization goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and posting job advertisements, screening applications, arranging interviews, participating in selection process, and administering pre-employment tests as required.
- Providing general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines, and taking down minutes as needed.
- Preparing source documentation needed for new hires, or effective changes in pay, status, or benefits.
- Establishing, maintaining and controlling personnel, employees, recruitment relations records, files, correspondence, reports, and organization charts.
- Managing sensitive and confidential matters like personnel relations, employee relations, and organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data and files.
- Responding to and putting through various queries from managers and employees, and from other agencies or departments.
- Exercising individual judgment while dealing with potential or real troubles on own initiative and bringing them to manager’s attention
- Interpreting, assisting and advising employees and managers regarding cooperative agreement applications, leave management and benefit administration, and HR procedures and policies within the specified guidelines.
- Conducting research, gathering data and statistical reports, and maintaining statistical information.
- Coordinating in volunteer and staff training events or programs and recommending resources, as needed.
- Keeping up current issues and matters in the organization related to HR department.
- Administering and monitoring new hire orientation programs.
- Handling issues and inquires in unavailability of HR Manager.
- Administering driving and criminal record checks.
- Maintaining and monitoring records of exempt employee benefits and salary.
- Maintaining employee file records up-to-date by handling changes in employee status in timely manner.
- Ensuring effective reception or proper approvals on forms and enter changes in the system.
- Preparing paperwork needed to create new employee profile and to place new employee on payroll.
- Providing assistance in hiring process activities such as posting jobs on job board or website, reviewing applications and maintaining a spreadsheet on tracking an applicant.
- Helping in maintenance of employee directory and company organization charts.
- Providing assistance in monitoring employee performance appraisal process.
- Interacting with and supplying information to employees, department heads, and job applicants.
Skills and Specifications
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of recruitment process.
- Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well presented reports.
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
- Should be an effectual communicator verbally as well as through writing skills.
- Should be committed to diversity and equality culture.
- Ability to operate under immense pressure.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Proficient with basic budget management and calculations.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Management.
Category: HR Job Descriptions