A Logistics technician is a person who is hired by a company to look after its storage and warehouse management and operations. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the inventory is up to date and whatever new products are required by the company are being ordered and stored on a regular basis.
A logistics technician must conduct logistics analysis and make sure that complete disposition is being carried out. To become a logistics technician, one has to fulfil a few educational requirements and possess certain skills as well. Given below is a detailed logistics technician job description.
Logistics Technician Duties and Responsibilities
A logistics technician has to perform the following given duties and responsibilities:
- A logistics technician must monitor as well as manage the storage and warehouse facilities of the company and is responsible for receiving inventories.
- He/she is responsible for the shipping of equipments as well as the disposition of equipments as per governmental laws as well.
- It is the duty of a logistics technician to order products and equipments as well as analyse and record the requests for materials.
- A logistics technician is also responsible for maintaining the database system and ensuring that all products are safe to use store and use.
- One of the responsibilities of a logistics technician is to conduct technical logistics analysis as well.
Logistics Technician Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a Logistics technician are given below:
- A Logistics technician must have exceptional organisational and managerial skills.
- He should have critical thinking, analytical and active listening skills as well.
- Working with computer software programs and inventory management are the other skills required.
- A logistics technician must have good product knowledge and should possess excellent written and oral communications skills too.
- Dedication, hardwork and leadership skills are the other skills which a logistics technician must possess.
Logistics Technician Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a logistics technician have been provided below for your reference.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field, preferably that related to logistics is a must for anyone who wishes to be a logistics technician.
- Some employer may also ask for master’s program or a diploma course in business management.
Logistics Technician Salary
Any individual who is employed as a logistics technician can expect to earn an annual median salary of $24000. This figure may vary depending upon the place of employment and the experience possessed by the technician.
Category: Technician Job Descriptions