The job which requires the maintenance of any area or building or organization is one of the most important aspects of running of that particular place. Maintenance job can be subcategorized into a huge variety of tasks such as fittings, carpentry, welding, machinery and overall cleanliness. This kind of a job requires specific knowledge and skill for each particular department.
A maintenance job comes with a load of responsibilities and the following can be considered as a few of them:
- Repairing or replacing defective equipments or parts using hand or machines.
- Performing preventive measures for safeguarding the machinery against any kind of degradation on a regular basis.
- Inspection, operation and recording of maintenance work and their costs.
- Cleaning and lubricating of parts.
- Maintaining overall cleanliness and proper functioning of the area or tools or the machinery.
- Paint and repair of windows, doors, walls and floors of the building, if any.
The skills and knowledge required for a person applying for a maintenance job are given in the following points:
- Mechanical knowledge which includes knowledge of tools and materials.
- Knowledge of relevant equipments, policies and procedures involved in that particular maintenance site.
- Overall understanding of the work expected.
At this site you can browse through various job descriptions related to the maintenance jobs.
Category: Maintenance Job Description