Maintenance Man Job Profile and Description
The job of a Maintenance Man involves repairing, servicing and up keep of all the units and systems of a facility. This role is of immense significance in manufacturing units and other residential and commercial complexes. A Maintenance Man is also widely referred to as a maintenance worker and works under the supervision of a manager. Such candidates also require being conversant with all safety standards and procedures of working.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular inspection of all electrical, mechanical and other equipments of a facility.
- Detecting any defects and malfunctions, immediately repairing, and refurbishing the same.
- Coordinating with the production and other departments for feedback on the functionality of machinery and equipments.
- Reporting all defects and damages to the maintenance manager.
- Complying with the industry standards and safety regulations of working.
- Completing all tasks as delegated by the supervising authority.
- Maintaining all records of the repair and maintenance works conducted in a facility.
- Effectively managing time and meeting all specified deadlines.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent written as well as verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- Should be a good team worker and have the knack of coordinating work with fellow workers.
Education and Qualifications
- High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree in electrical, mechanical, automobile engineering or any other discipline with about 2 – 3 years of experience as a maintenance worker.
Category: Maintenance Job Description