Maintenance Manager Job Profile and Description
The position of a Maintenance Manager is of great significance in any organisation as they are responsible for the entire upkeep and maintenance of a facility. Individuals in such roles also require executing their administrative and organisational skills for ensuring that all maintenance activities are seamlessly completed. Maintenance managers are largely accountable for uphold the quality and standards of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting regular inspections and ensuring the upkeep and maintenance of all areas of a facility.
- Ensuring the proper working of all electrical units and systems in the facility.
- Leading a team of subordinates and delegating work areas to them.
- Keeping a record of all the day-to-day maintenance and service activities undertaken in a facility.
- Evaluating the performance of the subordinates.
- Complying with all corporate policies and the Occupational Safety and health administration rules (OSHA) while carrying out maintenance functions.
- Placing orders for spare parts and equipments for replacement and ascertaining the proper documentation of the same.
- Synchronizing work processes with other departments of the establishment.
- Recruiting maintenance personnel.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The Ability to effectively manage time and lead a team of subordinates.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
Education and Qualifications
- High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college.
- Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree or diploma in administration, personnel management or any other related field of study with 2 to 3 years of experience as a maintenance manager.
Category: Maintenance Job Description