Merchandise Assistant Profile and Description
The profile of a Merchandise Assistant typically pertains to a retail chain or an outlet. This job is of a high caliber where in the professional is accountable for all the goods purchased for the store and for maintaining the standards of the establishment as well as driving revenue. A merchandise assistant requires to work under the supervision and direction of a merchandise manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate the customer feedback and the sales trend of the store.
- Networking with suppliers for purchase of merchandise for the store.
- Selecting merchandise, filling purchase orders and other documentations for placing orders.
- Maintaining the quality and standards of the merchandise purchased for the store.
- Ensuring proper storage and stacking of the inventory.
- Replenishing the goods and supplies in the store.
- Completing all the tasks as assigned by the merchandise manager.
- Reporting damage, loss and discrepancies in the purchased inventory.
- Evaluating the sales reports and customer feedback relating to the merchandise in the store.
Skills and Specifications
- Should possess good communication and interpersonal skills for interacting and networking with customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge of all legal documentation processes for procuring goods and supplies for the store.
- Should be a team worker and be able to carry out all tasks and effectively manage time.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or an associate’s degree in retailing, merchandising, sales and marketing or any other related field of study.
- Post Graduate degree in marketing, merchandising or any other discipline with about 3 to 4 years experience merchandising.
Category: Retail Job Descriptions