Painter Job Profile and Description
The job of a Painter is to paint, renovate and refurbish buildings and complexes. Painters can be self employed or recruited by builders for the painting of complexes and buildings. This is usually an entry-level position; however, a painter usually undergoes job training before commencing work. Individuals of this profile are a part of the maintenance department and work under the guidance of a manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking and inspecting buildings and evaluating the painting work required for the building.
- Deciding on the paint colors, combinations and textures for the walls.
- Mixing colors and coming up with new shades.
- Scraping off old paint, removing nails and plastering the walls.
- Inspecting the walls and deciding upon the number of paint coats that will be required.
- Estimating the cost and the time for completing the work.
- Completing all tasks as assigned by the supervising authority.
- Maintaining quality and standards of work.
- Varnishing and removing paint stains form furniture and doors.
- Appropriate usage of paint brushes, thinner and other tools and equipment.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have a creative knack to contrast and match paint colors.
- Ability to effectively manage time and complete all delegated work within the specified time.
- Ability to work in a team and coordinate work functions with fellow workers.
- Should be able to work on different surfaces and metals.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- Vocational training as a painter, with about 2 to 3 years of experience.
Category: Construction Job Descriptions