Restaurant Bartender Job Profile and Description:
A restaurant bartender’s job profile is quite variegated. There are many job duties involved in this. For example, not only does a restaurant bartender have to serve drinks, he also has participated in cleaning and collection of money. Therefore, the job involves long hours and is quite stressful. This job might seem one which does not require specialized qualification but with the increasing sophistication of restaurants and clients, restaurant bartenders have to know quite a lot about drinks, how to mix them and so on.
Restaurant Bartender Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a restaurant bartender will involve:
- A restaurant bartender is in charge of serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to the customers. This can be done either through a separate bar counter, or through ordering. Therefore, the restaurant bartender has to attract customers towards drinks and ensure that they order more and more.
- A restaurant bartender has to carry the drinks to the customers and take down orders, explain the drinks menu and answer any queries which the customer might have. By doing so, the restaurant bartender ensures that there is awareness amongst the customers as to the drinks they are being served. The bartender also might have to make suggestions like which wine goes with a particular kind of dish and so on.
Restaurant Bartender Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a restaurant bartender must be as follows:
- The restaurant bartender must know enough about food and wine in order to answer the queries of the customer. In order to do this, he must have a fair idea of the different kinds of drinks which his restaurant stocks up on and how they can be matched with food.
- The restaurant bartender must be a good drinks mixer. He has to prepare drinks according to the taste and preferences of the customer and therefore, he has to be fast, knowledgeable and efficient.
- A restaurant bartender may also be in charge of bill collection and cleaning up so these skills must be inculcated as well.
Restaurant Bartender Education and Qualification:
The restaurant bartender needs to have the following educational qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Vocational school in bartending
Restaurant Bartender Salary:
The salary of a restaurant bartender per annum is around 35,000 USD. This is related to the nature of the restaurant, years of working, job duties, job hours and so on.
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions