Retail Fashion Job Profile and Description
A fashion retailer’s job is to manage a fashion retail store by advising customer about the latest trends, displaying and showcasing latest collections and creating and maintaining a good relationship with the customers.
A fashion retailer should be a very organized individual with a great sense of fashion and needs to be always updated about the latest trends in fashion. The person also needs to have a very good personality and strong communication and interpersonal skills. The individual also needs to be very good at making decisions promptly.
Retail Fashion Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a fashion retailer are:
- Identifying and understanding the needs of the customers.
- Maintaining harmonious and long-term relationship with customers.
- Making the customers aware about the latest trends.
- Communicating effectively with customers.
- Stock Control
- Displaying stock in a creative manner.
- Organizing special discounts on festive occasions.
- Organizing sales promotion activities from time to time.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Setting price, offering discounts strategically.
- Providing after sales services to customers.
- Handling customer complaints.
- Managing Staff.
- Maintaining sales records and keeping track of the cash inflow and outflow on a daily basis.
- Maximizing profit.
- Assisting in store promotion campaigns.
Retail Fashion Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a Fashion Retailer include the following:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are must as the individual in this job role will need to communicate with the customers regularly and effectively.
- A fashion retailer should be a very good organizer and planner as they need to plan activities and sales events from time to time.
- A fashion retailer should have great sense of responsibility and management.
- They should be creative and should be able to think out of the box.
- Should have keen interest in fashion.
- They need to keep themselves updated about the latest trends in the fashion industry.
- Should have patience.
- Should be a good decision maker.
Retail Fashion Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a fashion retailer are as follows:
- A degree or diploma in fashion related subject.
- Degree course in visual merchandising, sales, retail management.
- Experience in retail or fashion industry is an added bonus.
Retail Fashion Salary
A fashion retailer can expect to draw an average annual salary of $52,000. The salary of the candidate would also vary depend on the job profile, region, store size and the experience of the candidate.
Category: Fashion Job Descriptions