Safety officer job description and profile
The chief responsibility of a safety officer is to take care of the health and safety concern of the public in adherence with the federal laws. The duties of a safety officer revolve around ensuring the safety of citizens.
Safety officer job duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a safety officer are:
- Strive towards putting an end to any miscreant activity in the jurisdiction of the officer
- Patrol the area regularly and be prepared to work night shifts
- Consult and work in conjuncture with the law enforcement officers and the security personnel in order to maintain law and order in the area
- Plan strategies to prevent illegal activities and arrest the trouble makers
- Analyze the previous crime history of the area and formulate preventive measures
- Prepare reports to preset it to the higher law enforcement officers
Safety officer job skills and specifications
The skills and specifications of a safety officer are:
- A sound knowledge about federal laws and regulations
- Must be able to work under high pressure conditions and in emergencies
- Swift presence of mind
- Courage and physical strength
- Good communication and analysis skills
- A sound knowledge about different safety measures like fire safety
- Must be able to work at odd times and must be available to work at any time
Safety officer job education and qualifications
Most of the education and experience that a safety officer needs is given during the training period after selection into the security force. A candidate will have to go through physical examinations and written test to get selected for training. The basic education and qualifications required for a safety officer is a high school graduation. A degree or diploma in federal laws helps in developing good future prospects.
Some institutions ask for certification course in IAHSS and OPOTC.
Safety officer job salary
The salary of a safety office is between $41,692 and $68,354.
Category: Office Job Descriptions