Software Engineer Trainee Job Profile and Description
A software engineer trainee has a challenging job. This is a post that is offered to graduates in the field of computers just after they have passed out of college. It is usually obtained through campus placements.A software engineer trainee is expected to do a lot of odd jobs which a software engineer will not have to do.
This post leads on to more secure and comfortable posts in companies and therefore it bodes well for the individual to do this job with all seriousness and dedication. There are many job duties and the payment or remuneration is quite attractive as well. The job is offered to fresher’s who can then learn about the software industry while working in it.
Software Engineer Trainee Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a software engineer trainee will involve:
- The software engineer trainee is a very basic position in any company and it involves jobs like helping with the framing of programs, participating in discussions related to software projects, assisting at the basic levels in the conceptualisation of the software programs and so on.
- The software engineer trainee has to help with the paperwork as well as participate in clerical and administrative jobs like keeping of records, minutes during discussions, making progress reports and so on.
Software Engineer Trainee Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a software engineer trainee include:
- A software engineer must have enormous amounts of knowledge about the work itself. This is a very technical field and the trainee needs to both combine formal experience with aptitude as well as learn on the job.
- A software engineer trainee needs to be a good organizer since a lot of tasks involving large scale organization will have to be completed by him.
- He needs to be a quick learner.
Software Engineer Trainee Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a software engineer trainee are as follows:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science
- Certification for various kinds of programming languages.
Software Engineer Trainee Salary
A software engineer trainee’s salary is estimated to be around 30,000 USD per annum. This will vary from one company to another and is also dependent on the period of training and the qualifications of the candidate. Usually the amount hovers around the 30,000 USD mark.
Category: Trainee Job Descriptions