Sports Medicine Job Description and Profile
Sports Medicine is the field constituting the sciences associated to the treatment, care and prevention of injuries related to sports. Within this greater field, sports medicine professionals specialize in one area of work like clinical medicine, athletic training, physical therapy, sports nutrition, massage therapy, orthopedics, psychology and so on. Each area offers unique challenges and has its own portray. With unique specialism, it is hence easy for a professional to build up their career and become experts in that.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing pre-performance evaluation, sport psychology issues, injury assessment, and treating injuries.
- Communicating with members like coaches, professional or school administration, and the athletes.
- Maintaining optimal health and maximizing peak performance.
- Assisting athletes of any age, professional or amateur, in any sport.
- Diagnosing, providing treatment and preventing injuries that occur during sports and physical activities as a medical physician.
- Explaining muscles, joints, and bones related injuries to athletes or students as a Biomechanist and improving their performance using motion analysis techniques.
- Providing both long-term and immediate supervision for the physical restoration of individuals as a cardiopulmonary rehabilitation specialist.
- Improving or maintaining health, performance and fitness of athletes or students as an exercise physiologist.
- Providing the necessary dietary patterns to athletes to maximize performance, to prevent disease and to improve health as a dietitian.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of principles, therapies and concepts related to medicine.
- Good communication skills and patience to handle complex cases.
- Excellent mental training skills.
- Knowledge of health and fitness tips.
Education and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in medical sciences field from an accredited institution.
- Degree in medicine related field and specialization in one sports medicine related area.
- Master’s degree in medicine related field from an accredited institution.
Category: Management Job Descriptions