Switchboard Operator Job Description and Profile
A Switchboard Operator is an individual, who answers a multi-line switchboard rapidly and directs the calls to destination without any delay. The operators greet the customers, answer questions, declare calls or provide directions. Their aim is to execute the tasks in such a possible way that positively and completely affects the customer’s perceptual call or visit experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering high volume of inbound calls and maintaining a response rate swiftly in accordance with agreed standards.
- Maintaining and updating the list of availability of staff continuously to receive incoming calls.
- Operating various standard office machines, which include personal computer, various software, fax, calculator, phone, photocopy machine, and shredding machine, etc.
- Entering information on received calls, where necessary and maintaining accurate and detailed records.
- Understanding and responding effectively and clearly to addressed requests in person or over the phone, and to written or verbal instructions.
- Communicating and liaising in writing and verbally between suppliers, customers, visitors, enquirers, or relevant staff.
- Maintaining regular consistent attendance, personal appearance, punctuality, and adherence to applicable health and safety procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining efficient working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and the customers.
- Performing reception tasks in an effective, professional and gracious manner.
- Filing data and performing routine assigned clerical duties.
- Pursuing personal development of knowledge and skills required for the efficient performance of the job role.
Skills and Specifications
- Impressive telephone etiquette.
- Great communication skills as well as ability to work with others in close manner.
- Ability to understand, and execute complex written and verbal instructions.
- Exceptional computer skills, good organizing and planning skills.
- Able to deliver excellent customer service, externally and internally.
- Able to react effectively and calmly in emergencies.
- Able to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Should work under rigorous pressure and meet close deadlines.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in call center activities.
Category: Call Center Job Descriptions