Trainee Medical Secretary Job Profile and Description
A trainee medical secretary is involved in many aspects of the job. Such an individual is generally recruited from colleges and campuses. The trainee medical secretary has both administrative and medical roles to play, and generally handles much of the paperwork and clerical duties that happen to fall in his way.
This is only an interim position and the performance of the individual in this job will ensure his promotions and proper induction into an institution of medicine. Therefore it is a challenging and important job and must be completed with care. The trainee medical secretary is an important post and it provides the first exposure to the world of medicine.
Trainee Medical Secretary Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a trainee medical secretary will involve:
- A trainee medical secretary is in charge of many aspects like attending to the relatives of a patient, ensuring that samples taken from the patient are properly processed, attending to paperwork and other administrative tasks.
- A trainee medical secretary also has to keep records and minute by minute updates as required by his supervisors. This is a crucial job duty since these records and updates can actually have an impact on treatment and the stability of the patient.
Trainee Medical Secretary Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a trainee medical secretary include:
- A trainee medical secretary needs to be an excellent organizer and a good team player in order to pull off the challenging work. The person needs to have proper medical as well as clerical skills since as a trainee, he will be mainly expected to handle paperwork.
- A trainee medical secretary has to be skilled in dealing with trauma in a sensitive manner. Sometime counselling, explaining the case to relatives who are distraught are also jobs which fall to the trainee medical secretary.
Trainee Medical Secretary Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Trainee medical secretary are as follows:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Biology, or Physiology
- Certification of license
Trainee Medical Secretary Salary
A trainee medical secretary earns around 34,000 USD per annum, depending o09:15:00n the profile of the candidate, the number of years of work experience put in by him and the kind of hospital or nursing home that he is attached with.
Category: Trainee Job Descriptions