Waitress Job Profile and Description
A waitress is a female member of the waiting staff in a restaurant or café, and whose work is to attend to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
A waitress job duties and responsibilities are no different from that of the bar staff, because they too make up the bar staff. These duties include;
- Checking a customer’s identification before serving any alcoholic drinks.
- Escort customers to their dining tables.
- Explain what is in the menu and the day’s specials.
- Prepare the customers’ checks.
- Set the tables.
- Take the customers orders.
- Inform customers of how their order is coming along.
- Keep the guests happy.
- Recording of all food orders for the cooks.
- Serve the customer.
- Check if the customer is comfortable and is enjoying the meal.
- Clearing of dishes when a customer is done.
Skills and Specifications
A waitress job skills and specifications that you should include;
- You should be able to read a customer’s body language to know when they are ready to order.
- Be a good listener.
- Know a lot about the food served at the restaurant.
- Be friendly.
- Know how to handle tough situations.
Education and Qualifications
For a waitress job education and qualifications, formal education is not very important. But you have to be at the very least a high school graduate. For large restaurants where some form of education is required, there are vocational schools that one can attend. Previous experience is a must.
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions