Warehouse Supervisor Job Profile and Description
The profile of a Warehouse Supervisor is that of managing and overseeing all the functions of the storehouse and ensuring smooth operations of all activities. An individual of this profile also requires handling and managing warehouse workers and adhering to necessary safety and legal procedures of working. Most warehouse supervisors handle retail storehouses, shipping docks and other such facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising the functions and working of the all warehouse workers.
- Delegating and assigning tasks and targets and evaluating the working of staff.
- Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures of working.
- Managing the inventory monitoring cycle counts and conducting audits of same to validate results.
- Supervising proper shift allocations and ensuring efficiency of all warehouse staff.
- Organizing and conducting necessary training activities for the staff and workers.
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehousing activities.
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities.
- Strong motivational skills and effectual team building capabilities.
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crises and decision making.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or an associate degree in management, administration, bookkeeping, inventory management, supply chain or any related field of study from an accredited institution.
- Post Graduate degree or a diploma in material management, general administration, inventory or bookkeeping, or any related scholastic discipline.
- Experience of about 4 to 5 years in warehousing or retail management related activities.
Category: Warehousing Job Descriptions